The Gaelic name is translated as 'chapel of remembrance' and the chapel stands close to the east shore of Lochbuie and 1.5km from Moy Castle.
It was converted into a Mausoleum for the MacLaines of Lochbuie in 1864 in memory of Donald MacLaine, 22nd of Lochbuie, when a thorough restoration took place. The roof is of the same period. A further renovation then took place in 1972 and on the wall by the entrance is a plaque stating:-
"This historic Chapel and Mausoleum was restored in 1972 by Brigadier Alasdair MacLean of Pennycross, ably assisted by the generosity of numerous members of the clan, kind relatives and friends from home and overseas."
The main structure appears to be late medieval, while some of the dressings may be from an earlier chapel in the same area. There is a further plaque on top of the entrance stating that the chapel was consecrated in 1500 to St. Kenneth.
Nothing is known of it's early history and it is believed to have fallen into disuse by 1701 when the first burial took place inside the chapel.
The chapel is oblong measuring 10.7m from east to west by 4.6m and with walls 0.7m thick. The masonry is of rubble with quoins and dressings of a buff coloured sandstone probably quarried at Carsaig. The entrance is on the north wall situated towards the western end and is arched with a wrought-iron door. The three existing windows of a narrow single-light form vary in detail.
The interior has none of it's earlier features and the whole of the east end, which serves as the mausoleum is sealed off behind a Gothic-arched screen wall.
Inside the chapel is a late medieval octagonal font carved from Carsaig sandstone, and three post-reformation table-tombs bearing inscriptions to various members of the family. There is also an incomplete recumbent slab of sandstone broken into two fragments and is probably of the 17th century. Finally, there is a mural monument of white marble commemorating Murdoch MacLaine 20th of Lochbuie who died in 1844.
Among the many gravestones in the graveyard is one which was erected in 1777 to commemorate the two sons, Alan and Archibald, of Donald McDonald of Taynafeigh and his wife Katharin McLean. On the back of the stone is a panel carved in relief with the emblems of mortality and a mixture of armorial charges arranged without any regard to heraldic rules. The graveyard is now full.